NT Police charge two youths for Darwin crime spree

Two youths have been charged by Northern Territory police following a wild crime spree across Darwin.

WO taxis missing from a Darwin business were allegedly stolen by four youths who broke in on Wednesday, police say.

Detective senior sergeant Mark Bland said the youths used the taxis to drive to Palmerston where they then broke into a shopping centre and businesses inside.

“They then proceeded to drive to Pinelands where they unlawfully entered a service station and another business on the Waterfront,” Sen Sgt Bland said.

The youths allegedly smashed a sliding door in an effort to steal the vehicle keys from the office, taking two taxis and fleeing the area.

According to CCTV footage, the crimes were committed over a three-hour period.

Both vehicles have considerable damage.

Sen Sgt Bland said offenders didn’t get much out of committing crimes like these.

“Senseless and random attacks on people’s property and businesses is very frustrating, it costs people a lot of money,” Mr Bland said.

Police have arrested two of the youths but are still searching for the other two. The two in custody, both from the greater Darwin area, are “repeat offenders”, Sen Sgt Bland said.

Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 131 444.

EARLIER: TWO youths have been charged by Northern Territory police following a series of crimes across Darwin on Tuesday night.

On Tuesday night, it is alleged that the two offenders unlawfully entered a commercial business in Leanyer, with two as of yet unknown accomplices.

There, it is alleged they stole two vehicles and travelled to a shopping centre on Temple Terrace in Palmerston where they unlawfully entered and caused damage.

Police allege the offenders then proceeded to drive to a service station in Pinelands where they entered the premises causing damage and stealing a number of small numbers.

They then allegedly drove to Darwin city and unlawfully entered a business causing damage and stealing items.

One of the vehicles was later left abandoned in Malak with the alleged offenders then travelling in the remaining vehicle to the Waterfront Precinct.

Police allege that there, they once again unlawfully entered a business, causing damage and stealing a quantity of alcohol.

The remaining vehicle was later left abandoned in Leanyer.

Extracted from Herald Sun

Scroll to Top