Crews tackle gas leak at Bendigo service station

Crews have fixed a gas leak at a Bendigo service station.

Emergency services were called to the Shell outlet at the corner of McIvor Road and Kennedy Street about 9.40am on Wednesday.

A Fire Rescue Victoria spokesperson said approximately eight firefighters responded to a hazmat incident in East Bendigo.

“FRV crews were called to the McIvor Road incident at approximately 9.40am after a caller to Triple Zero reported a gas leak,” they said.

“Crews arrived on scene in two minutes and worked to isolate the leak and make the scene safe, before they handed it over to the gas company.”

The spokesperson said Victoria Police had assisted on scene with traffic control.

Extracted from Bendigo Advertiser

Scroll to Top